• Image 01

    Don't be alone!

  • Image 02

    Find your perfect match!

  • Image 03

    Everything is in your hands!

  • Image 04

    Love Your Imperfections!

  • Image 05

    Start dating today!

  • Image 06

    We'll help you to refine your search!

terrywebbs's blog

Robert Dyas

Aptitude Test Practice!


I wasn't practising  when I did mine, so why are they called Aptitude Test Practice?

Probably out of practice with my English? Probably out of tune with the current Job Seeking Terms too! I recently had to take an Aptitude Test, not for a job but to get onto the books at an employment agency.


I only did it to prove a point, the point that is we do not need employment agents and are quite able to find a job without such.The amusing thing about these tests is that it will work for about 90 percent of people, for the other 10 percent it will fail. I fall into that 10 percent, I am not saying this due to the actual fact I failed quite miserably, far from it. I failed as I am that 10 percent of people that you can't put into a box and label.

My result clearly show that I have no idea how excel or word works, yet I am a qualified computer hardware and software engineer. The only draw back to these tests's is they only show your ability to remember where stuff is, not whether or not you can use the software. I can use all office software perfectly well and some, yet ask me where the hyphenation tool is and I will stumble.

Please find below my assessment results: 



Score: 69%

Questions Asked: 13

Questions Correct: 9

Questions Incorrect: 1

Questions Unattempted: 3

Time Taken: 5:00

Time Allowed: 5:00



 Score: 32%

Questions Asked: 31

Questions Correct: 10

Questions Incorrect: 1

Questions Unattempted: 20

Time Taken: 5:00

Time Allowed: 5:00


Alpha-Numeric (on Screen)

Quality: 93 %

Productivity: 4272 KDPH

Time Taken: 5:00

Time Allowed: 5:00


Aptitude - Fill In The Blanks

Score: 61 %

Questions Asked: 36

Questions Correct: 22

Questions Incorrect: 14

Questions Unattempted: 0

Time Allowed: 15:00

Time Taken: 10:20


Word 2013 Basic

 Score: 55%

Questions Asked: 20

Questions Correct: 11

Questions Incorrect: 9

Questions Unattempted: 2

Time Taken: 7:30

Time Allowed: 10:00


Excel 2013 Basic

Score: 50%

Questions Asked: 20

Questions Correct: 10

Questions Incorrect: 10

Questions Unattempted: 5

Time Taken: 8:18

Time Allowed: 10:00


Intermediate Spelling

 Score: 70 %

Words Spelt Correctly: 7

Words Spelt Incorrectly: 3

Words Left Empty: 0

Time Taken: 3:53

Time Allowed: 5:00

Time Machines Do Not Work!

You go back in time and still you do the same shit over!!!

I have concluded you can't change the past, but you can change the future.

Having an effect on the present will cause the future to map out very different!

However you need to be aware of this effect otherwise you will miss the cause.

Hence the cause and effect scenario...

I was trying to change the events of Friday night, I went back in time only a few hours.

It was very bewildering at first, when I eventually found my footing I realised I was still doing the same shit over.

Friday night still turned out the same in the end not matter what I did. Time travel sucks.

Okay if I can't change the past lets try and change the future!

To do this I would need to alter the present, this cause will then effect the future.

Seems logical however its not an easy task.

Just started a cause just waiting on the effect......

Got some very defensive results, not sure how this is panning out.

I didn't foresee a counter attack, I should have stuck to feelings rather than quoting motivations.

Motivations will always provoke a counter attack, feelings alone will get more emotional returns.

I can't even get this future cause and effect thing to work either.

I am shit at time travel and when it comes to relationships, I nit got a clue!

There is no 'doubt' about my future, it is certainly full of nit!

Life moves In one direction and you can easily live in three different time dimensions in your head, this I do very regularly!

The past

The future

The present

If you live in the past, you’re stuck in “why” mode. That means you always think about why things happened. A recipe for unhappiness.

If you live in the future, you live in “what if” mode. That state of mind causes anxiety about everything that MIGHT happen in the future.

Again, that’s a recipe for living a timid doubtful life.

You also know that there’s only one ACTUAL time dimension; the present.

Why don’t we live in the present? There are millions of things that prevent us from living in real time.

One thing that might help you let go of the past and future is to understand this:

Life keeps moving forward  -  it doesn’t care what you think or do, or how long you spend in bed at the weekend, life goes on no matter what, so don't waste your time on stuff you can’t control, and so ends the doubt!

VigLink badge

Ooh, suit you!